sound again [was: Re: xf4 bug report]

Steffen Haeuser SteffenH at hyperion-software.de
Wed Jul 26 12:53:12 EST 2000

Am 25-Jul-00 schrieb Iain Sandoe:

Hi!

> Wed, Jul 26, 2000,  Steffen Haeuser wrote:
>> Am 25-Jul-00 schrieb Iain Sandoe:

>> Okay, installed the new one...
>>
>> Well, it behaves just the same like the old kernel... same error-message...

>Glad to hear it boots OK (I wasn't sure that the AppleSCSI driver wouldn't
>panic on boot - it used to on my Lombard)...

Appearently the problem was a wrong entry in /etc/conf.modules... it had

alias sound dmasound

there while correct would be

alias sound dmasound_awacs

After I fixed this the sound modules can be correctly loaded during bootup,
but there is still no sound. Maybe I should go back to the old kernel and try
if it works with that, or don't you think this will make a difference ?

Steffen