problem with yaboot freezing

Jim Terman terman at ddi.com
Wed Jul 26 10:11:52 EST 2000

I am running a sawtooth grey&white G4 400 MHZ with MacOS 8.6.
I have successfully set up yaboot to boot a 2.2.14rev9 kernel.
When I try a later kernel (I want altivec support), yaboot seems to freeze.
I see the output of the previous boot of the 2.2.14rev9 kernel.
No one on linuxppc-user seems to know what is going on.
Is there a way that I can try to figure out what the problem is.
Thank you.

Jim Terman                 | 323 Vintage Park Dr.   | Voice: (650) 356-5446
jim.terman at windriver.com   | Foster City, CA        | Fax:   (650) 356-5490
WindRiver Systems          | 94404                  | www.windriver.com