problems about __cli()

Josh Huber huber at mclx.com
Fri Jul 21 01:44:23 EST 2000

On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 02:45:56PM +0100, Iain Sandoe wrote:
> I guess I *must* have one of those broken derivatives... and it doesn't work
> for me without that step...  Admittedly, this is mostly an issue between
> 2.2.xx and 2.4.0 - but I do have to remember to change it back between
> whiles... a better way would be ?

Well...hmm, what doesn't work?  You mean you can't build a kernel
unless you make /usr/src/linux point to the kernel source you're
building?  This is odd, as I haven't done that...ever!  In fact,
there's no directories in /usr/src on my machine.

I'm confused, as I've built many kernels on a redhat box here (intel,
but that shouldn't matter) without every updating the symlink, or
using /usr/src to build inside.

I tend to have very large amounts of kernel source laying around, and
I don't like to clutter my /usr partition with them...

--
Josh
6B21489A | GnuPG ID/Fingerprint | huber at mclx.com |