switching consoles

Joseph Garcia jpgarcia at execpc.com
Wed Jul 19 07:22:01 EST 2000

Derek Homeier wrote:
> However, this might also be a side effect of writing evil things to the PMU,
> because the crashes were all related to not being able to power on the
> backlight and wake up from sleep mode. Does the PMU handle the ADB stuff as
> well (think I heard so, but not positive)?

i'd think that it would be more likely the nvram resetting.  But PMU is actually
on ADB.  as far as i know, all direct pmu ioctls (battery query, etc) are sent
to /dev/adb, while interpreted ioctls (like sleep) are sent to /dev/pmu, which
is why /dev/pmu features need kernel support and vary from system to system.

The noodle-scratcher in this is the fact that the keyboard's F-key setting is
maintained post-sleep, while trackpad tapping is always reset.  both being ADB
devs reset upon wake, id think it would get reset.  there could be something we
are missing.

Joseph P. Garcia      jpgarcia at execpc.com      jpgarcia at lidar.ssec.wisc.edu
CS Undergraduate                      Student Employee - Systems Programmer
University of Wisconsin - Madison                            UW Lidar Group