G4/500 cannot finish booting kernel - IDE and USB (strange)

Dan Foster dsf at gblx.net
Mon Jul 17 19:54:50 EST 2000

It is with a *very* sheepish look that I discover it's all because
I used BootX 1.2b3 rather than yaboot 0.6. I was initially under a
mistaken impression that yaboot could be installed only after Linux
had been set up... but I was wrong, and got everything working.

Much appreciated for the brain shake I got :-) And apologies for wasting
your time. I did, however, learn quite a few interesting things about
how the kernel is structured in 2.2.x.

-Dan