[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] First latency test results for linuxPPC [2.2.17pre10-ben2]

Roger Larsson roger.larsson at norran.net
Sat Jul 15 04:47:46 EST 2000

Iain Sandoe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've posted the results of Benno's latency tests applied to 2.2.17pre10-ben2
> on LinuxPPC.
>
> http://www.drfruitcake.com/linux/linuxppc.html
>
> No big surprises - although the PPC /proc fs seems to be a little slower
> than the x86 one...
>
> Working on 2.4.0-test4 & thence to Andrew's patches on LinuxPPC...
>
> ciao,
> Iain.

Hi,

The green ticks on X11 test are interesting - something with a higher
prio than
the SCHED_FIFO max takes the processor away from it and runs for more
than 1 ms.

The only thing that can do that is interrupt routines / back handlers...
(try to find this one)

Disk read looks nice - others looks ...

/RogerL

--