Keycodes for the new input layer

Derek Homeier supas100 at astrophysik.uni-kiel.de
Fri Jul 14 23:07:49 EST 2000

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Franz Sirl wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Derek Homeier wrote:
>
> > Personally, I'd like something different for both, so they could be
> > independently bound to the mousebuttons. If one wanted to use it as
> > KP_Enter, it could probably still be bound in the console and xkb
> > keymaps? I've no idea for a name, though. I think with the older kernels
> > it was just NoKey (and couldn't be bound to any Key Symbol, but to the
> > mousebuttons). KEY_LINEFEED, perhaps?
> >
> >  Fn-RET = KEY_KPENTER
> >  _^ = KEY_KPENTER
> >   Fn-_^ = [something different]
> >
> > would probably also be o.k., though.
>
> How about the appended patch?

Excellent! Fn-RET also emulates Mouse-3 now, but I probably wouldn't have
any use for an additional generic KP_Enter anyway (hmm, I do use it, in
emacs, but I could use up any number of keys in emacs ;). My adb_buttons
kernel arg is working again like it is supposed to (I know it's deprecated
now, maybe I'll replace it with

echo 101 > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode
echo  96 > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode

in /etc/rc.d/rc.local or wherever).

Thanks,
							Derek