[ANN] Dmasound backport to 2.2.17pre7/10 patch

Derek Homeier supas100 at astrophysik.uni-kiel.de
Wed Jul 12 22:36:34 EST 2000

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Iain Sandoe wrote:

> > I did compile dmasound as module (I noticed that after applyiing your patch,
> > dmasound was unselected in .config - is there a reason for this?).
>
> Yes, the CONFIG_DMASOUND changed to a set of CONFIG_DMASOUND_XXXX for the
> various different platforms.  Note there is no such thing as 'dmasound.o'
> any more :-)
>
> you have to modprobe:
> soundcore
> dmasound_core <params>
> dmasound_awacs

Ay, that may be the rub! I think I've still seen 'dmasound.o' when I did
a lsmod. I did not change conf.modules, that's for sure.
I have no idea, though, where I might have got the old dmasound.o from,
because I made a 'mrproper' before the last compiles. I can imagine that
would have messed up everything a bit, though I'm wondering how the
module got loaded with the wrong kernel version at all...
I noted some failed module dependencies, but none with the sound stuff
AFAIKT. I'll sort this out when I'm back at my machine.

Thanks,
							Derek