[ANN] Dmasound backport to 2.2.17pre7/10 patch

Derek Homeier supas100 at astrophysik.uni-kiel.de
Wed Jul 12 21:27:49 EST 2000

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Iain Sandoe wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 12, 2000, Derek Homeier wrote:
> > On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> >
> [...]
> >
> > _But_ after some hours of sleep, the machine would not wake up properly.
> > First, the backlight didn't switch on. I tried the usual tricks of playing
> > with the brightness control, but to no effect. The machine was running at
> > first, as I could tell from the usual disk activity caused by slocate.
>
> are you using the sound stuff as modules? If so does the effect manifest
> without sound loaded?  There is code in the sound stuff that talks to the
> PMU...
>
> which PB (if Lombard - I'll see if I can replicate the effect here).

Yes, Lombard 333 MHz standard configuration.

I did compile dmasound as module (I noticed that after applyiing your patch,
dmasound was unselected in .config - is there a reason for this?).
I will test this, though I'm not sure if it's easy to reproduce -
if it takes a prolonged time of sleep for the effect to come up...

Thanks,
							Derek