Going from 2.2.12 to 2.2.17pre10

Timothy A. Seufert tas at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 12 19:11:56 EST 2000

At 1:57 PM +0100 7/11/00, Adrian Cox wrote:

>btw: Off topic: which Powerbook uses chipsfb? If they're cheap
>secondhand I'll consider becoming my own guinea-pig for the merged
>driver.

The 2400, 3400, and original G3 (the one that looks just like a
3400).  The 2400 and 3400 have a 65550 with 1MB VRAM, the G3 has a
65554 with 2MB VRAM.

The cheapest of these would be the 3400, but it won't come that
cheap.  The 2400 is the coolest one IMO because it was the last
subnotebook Apple made, and can be upgraded to G3 (if you can still
locate an upgrade card for a reasonable price that is).  However the
2400 is more expensive than it should be precisely because it was the
last subnotebook Apple made.

   Tim Seufert