2.2.17pre9-ben1 and airport

Robert Thompson rothomp3 at vt.edu
Sat Jul 8 06:48:53 EST 2000

Hi, I have an iBook SE with an airport card, so naturally I was quite
excited at the prospect of being able to use 32bit color (finally!) under
Linux, and the AirPort card as well. So, I downloaded the source from
ppclinux.apple.com/~benh, and built a new kernel. First of all, the mach64
stuff seems to work fine with Xpmac, but the XF68_FBDev that's installed on
my Yellow Dog 1.2 machine just puts a weird line on the screen. Oh well, no
biggie, since Xpmac is working. I haven't tried XF4 yet, either. Now, on to
the problems...
1.) The trackpad won't work at all anymore, but external USB mice work fine.
I did make the prerequisite changes in /dev.
2.) When I try to insmod airport.o network_name=home it claims that printk
and isa_io_base are unresolved symbols.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Robbie Thompson