2.2.17pre10-ben1 & dmasound & atfb driver

Nelson Abramson pogtal at erols.com
Sat Jul 8 01:11:49 EST 2000

Iain Sandoe wrote:

> <snip>
> Also, someone posted some instructions on how to set up the new input layer
> but I can't seem to find them in my linuxppc archive  - I'm assuming that
> the new stack has been back-ported to 2.2.17pre10 which is why my adbmouse
> doesn't...

I can't find the message in my archive, but here's the skinny (mainly quoted
from BenH--I wrote it down :-) ):

Delete both /dev/usbmouse and /dev/mouse (I moved them to temp_* just in
case).
cd /dev
mkdir input
mknod input/mice c 13 63
ln -s input/mice mouse
ln -s input/mice usbmouse

and add:
 none   /proc/bus/usb     usbdevfs    defaults 0 0
to your /etc/fstab

HTH
--Nelson Abramson