seemingly random lock-up with kernel 2.2.17p7

Gwyn Judd b.judd at xtra.co.nz
Wed Jul 5 23:36:50 EST 2000

This has me puzzled. I'm not sure if it is a kernel panic or just X
freezing since it never leaves anything in the logs. Has anyone had this
problem? It seems to happen most often when I am listening to mp3's
although it has happened a few times while it was just sitting there
doing nothing.

Also I am using BootX. Someone mentioned that the kernel is unreliable
with BootX. I have not experienced any problems (barring the one that I
mentioned) with it. What sorts of things are likely to happen? What is
the upgrade process like to go to one of the newer bootloaders?

--
Gwyn Judd (b.judd at xtra.co.nz)
When we talk of tomorrow, the gods laugh.