2.2.17pre9-ben1 gmac problems on iBook

Christof Petig christof.petig at wtal.de
Tue Jul 4 19:50:06 EST 2000

Hi Ben,

after some problems with linuxcare.com.au's current kernel I was glad to see your
announcement.
But your new gmac driver still has the same problem for me:

Once the card is activated (and a network cable plugged in) the machine tells me
   eth0: Duplicate entry of the interrupt handler !
six or seven times and then goes into kernel debugger (which simply garbages my
screen)

Hardware:
iBook 300MHz, 192MB, ATI Rage 3D Mobility AGPx2 (or so) [4c4e], BootX

Christof

PS: I have never been able to boot any 2.3+ kernels since I get a bunch of
DMA timeouts. Perhaps the kernel arguments?
    ide0=noautotune idebus=66
Though I tried some variants (empty line and more) last time without any success.
What changed, though, is that it can read my partition table (around March, 10th?
the 2.3.x kernel wasn't able to do that)