devel kernels 2.3.41

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 31 18:20:50 EST 2000

The 2.3.41 final kernel is broken on most non-intel architectures (dma
code changed completely). I would think (and hope) the PPC kernel
developers are too busy fixing this right now to answer your question.

And many people, even on intel hardware, are seeing file system
corruption with 2.3.x kernels. Plus, the new USB code probably doesn't
work yet.

So for non-kernel-developers this means to be patient for a while.

--
Martin