Argh, PReP netbooting doesn't use residual data

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at drgw.net
Tue Jan 18 15:05:25 EST 2000

Is there any sane way to fix arch/ppc/boot/misc.c so that PReP machines
that are network booting can figure out how much memory the machine has?

I have a MVME 2600 with 16 MB of RAM I have been fighting with the last
week until I realized it assumed 32 MB while the machine only had 16, and
*did not* print a warning message of any sorts.

Gabriel Paubert has done quite a bit of work on his prep bootloader.. Are
there some reasons that this bootloader could not be included as a config
option?

Thanks

| Troy Benjegerdes    |  troy at blacklablinux.com    |    hozer at drgw.net   |
|    Unix is user friendly... You just have to be friendly to it first.  |
| This message composed with 100% free software.    http://www.gnu.org   |