Help w/ gdb

Sean Chitwood darkmane at w-link.net
Tue Jan 18 11:40:35 EST 2000

Ok, I'm assuming you mean to change the CFLAGS in the Makefile... correct? I'll do that tonight and hopefully let you know in th emorning....

	Just for my edification, what is the difference between -g and -gdwarf-2... I have a bad feeling one produces elf binaries and one produces dwarf binaries.... Not that I would know the difference...

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Kevin Buettner wrote:

> One of the things you might try is to recompile using DWARF2 debugging
> symbols.  Replace -g with -gdwarf-2.
>
> I'm not necessarily suggesting that you start use dwarf2 debugging
> symbols instead of stabs, but this will tell me more about the
> problem.  (If it works properly with dwarf2, then I have a patch for
> you which should make it behave properly with stabs.)
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> Kevin

	Sean aka Darkmane
+ On October 16, 1999 A.D.