aic7xxx config errors in 2.2.14, but not in 2.2.7

satadru pramanik satadru at umich.edu
Mon Jan 17 10:03:39 EST 2000

I am using the stock vmlinux.2.2.7-vger kernel to enable support for my
Adaptec 2940 and 2940u2w scsi cards in a powermac 7600 using OF booting.

When I do a cvs sync with the current 2.2 linux ppc tree i heard about on
the mailing list, and then did an update ( cvs update -rlinux_2_2), and
recompiled and tried a kernel with the aic7xxx option selected, only one
of the adaptec cards is recognized.

Have there been significant changes to the aic7xxx driver in the past
several months?   How would I get an old version of the aic7xxx driver as
in the 2.2.7 vger kernel?

Any reconfiguration info would be appreciated.

thanks.

----
satadru pramanik www.umich.edu/~satadru
Do, or do not.  There is no try.