Changes for IDE on PREP Hardware

Alois Fertl alois_fertl at talknet.de
Thu Jan 13 08:27:45 EST 2000

Looking over the patch I'd like to make a few remarks.

prep_setup.c:
The irq stuff is only for the ISA IDE interface of the Intel 82378
on Blackhawk systems. There is only one channel using irq 14.

The split between swapping and non-swapping is because I assumed that the
given code works as is on IBM hardware.

ide-pci.c:
I did not expect the Winbond chip (PCI) requiring a hardcoded irq assignment.
On the PowerStackII this chip works well with the PCI setting connecting
both channels to one PCI INT. I hope there isn't any reason to use the device
in legacy mode.

sl82c105.c:
The proposed patch breaks the IDE CD-Rom which is on my system connected to
the second Winbond IDE channel. I think it is the setting of bit 5 which
configures to use the preset speed settings for port.