My cookbook approach to building a cross compiler for the powerpc on an intel x86 Linux box

Dan Dickey ddickey at charter.net
Wed Jan 12 14:05:43 EST 2000

Grant Erickson wrote:

> Also, consider the documentation at:
>
>      http://www.lcse.umn.edu/~grant/Linux/cross.html
>
> Regards,
>
> Grant Erickson

Grant,
thanks for the pointer!
This is fantastic!  I believe that it would have saved me at least
an hour last Saturday had I known about your page.  Ah well.

It looks like your page is a good reference for building
a "straight" cross-compiler environment.  Building applications
based on glibc that will actually run on the target machine with
Linux as the OS.
What I was trying to do to begin with was a bit simpler - just
build a cross environment to allow code to run on one of the
PPC boards that are available.  No OS yet, certainly not glibc.

What I imagined is having one environment for building the
"simple" environment, and a later one for actually building
the applications to run on Linux with glibc.
	-Dan