Question about the video device driver

Dan Malek dmalek at jlc.net
Mon Jan 10 18:40:46 EST 2000

I guess I must have been sleeping when this went around the first time.....

> > On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Shuangjun Zhu wrote:
> > > The video of MPC823 FADS board only support YCbYCr mode,

Really?  Why is that?  The 823 supports an 8-bit index into a 12-bit
colormap for LCD panels.  Why wouldn't the FADS support this?

Yes, it also supports RGB, and CCIR-601 (4:4:4 and 4:2:2) with NTSC/PAL
resolution through the CCIR-656 port.  It seems the LCD panel would
be easier to support with X......and if you are really working on
that, let me know :-).

	-- Dan