PPC Boards?

Grant Erickson erick205 at tc.umn.edu
Sat Jan 8 16:34:59 EST 2000

James,

It really depends on what kind of target applications you are looking
for. It seems to me that the 6xx, 7xx, and 8xx boards have gotten a
healthy amount of and successful use from a large number of users on the
list. I'll let others with more exposure to them comment on those.

For embedded type applications, I've been using IBMs "Oak" 403GCX and
semi-functional "Walnut" 405GP boards for porting Linux to the PowerPC
4xx processors. Both seem like pretty competent evaluation board designs
and if you elect to purchase IBM's RISCWatch JTAG debugger for either,
it's a pretty nice, well-developed, and easy-to-use debug tool.

Regards,

Grant Erickson

On 1/7/2000 12:26 AM, Linux PPC Developer Digest wrote:
>Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 14:02:27 -0500
>From: "James Bredijk" <jbredijk at nac.net>
>Subject: PPC Boards?
>
>I'm new to the list, and I'm seeing references to PReP & PPC boards that are
>being used for development. What boards (or dev kits) are available & where
>would I find them?
>
>If you prefer, please respond directly: jbredijk at nac.net
>
>Thanx,
>James
>- ---
>James Bredijk
>jbredijk at nac.net
>
>"Life is a word problem, not an equation"
>"Talent does what it can, Genius does what it must"

 Grant Erickson                       University of Minnesota Alumni
  o mail:erick205 at tc.umn.edu                              1996 BSEE
  o http://www.tc.umn.edu/~erick205                       1998 MSEE