Powerbook code in 2.3.x [was Re: problem building 2.3.47: nomacintosh.a file]

Lou Langholtz ldl at chpc.utah.edu
Tue Feb 29 16:31:58 EST 2000

phandel at cise.ufl.edu wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Lou Langholtz wrote:
>
> > undefined references are to: find_via_pmu, pmu_poll, backlight_level,
> > pmu_set_brightness, and vgacon_remap_base.
>
> This is because there is Powerbook code without #ifdef CONFIG_PMAC_PBOOK
> around it.  Here is a quick patch: . . .

Thanks. This seems like a far better fix than what I wound up doing: just setting
CONFIG_ADB_PMU=y (I have a PowerMac 7500 not a Powerbook after all) and I'm gonna
recompile with your fix instead. So now I'm wondering how many people (if any) are
actually running 2.3.47 from kernel.org and happy with it especially for a
PowerMac7500. Thanks!