Stability of 2.3.47 (G4)

Detlef Fliegl fliegl at in.tum.de
Tue Feb 29 03:28:16 EST 2000

Hi Jack

> Deti,
>    I am surprised you are able to boot your G4 at all under 2.3.47.
> Is this 2.3.47 from the linuxcare.com.au linux-pmac-devel cvs?
It´s a kernel from Cort Dougan´s server. He was really a big aid in
setting up my machine (as I am not familiar with open firmware and Mac
hardware).

> Current on the Sawtooth machines which use the newer lucent
> chipset these kernels hang on boot unless all usb devices are
> removed. Attaching the usb devices after booting eventually
> results in a crash as well.
Yes I know - it seems to be a memory consistency problem. Roman
Weissgaerber (the author of the OHCI driver) is already informed and he
has access to our G4 for further testing.

Deti
--
Detlef Fliegl, LRR, Technische Universitaet Muenchen
Phone: +49 89 289-25770, Fax +49 89 289-28232, Room S3240