HFS+ feature request

Kevin Kubarych kjk at lphys.chem.utoronto.ca
Sat Feb 26 04:16:24 EST 2000

Is it just me, or what? Seems to me hfs and hfs+ know about cases--when I
name a file ThisFile, it shows up in the finder with the caps, where does that
information get stored if not on the hfs/hfs+ disk? It's the MacOS that (for
whatever reason) doesn't differentiate between ThisFile and thisfile. Even when
you look at an hfs partition in linux, the cases are there, so it's not some
strange MacOS trick.

Still it seems that case sensitivity will only cause extreme disaster--that is
until everyone is on OS X (which doesn't even support long filenames yet,
whatever).

best, Kevin