patch to get latest XFree 4.0 snapshot (xf3918) to work on ppc with r128

Dan Bethe dan_bethe at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 11:07:50 EST 2000

	Hi there Kevin.  Thanks for your good work.  I was wondering if we can
have similar benefits for users of ATI Rage LT Pro in the Powerbook G3
Series.
	And I assume that when you say you have full acceleration on Rage 128,
that this is just 2D acceleration.  And do you mean that the
acceleration implements all features of the card?  Or just that it's a
lot better than without acceleration support?
	I would be willing to help pay/motivate someone on a gift basis for 2D
and 3D acceleration of ATI Rage LT Pro.  I'm serious.
	I got either no response or no conclusive info from the people on the
fbdev mailing list, to whom I was originally pointed by someone on
linuxppc-dev.  The only other spot I can find for acceleration is
http://glx.on.openprojects.net.  The source rpm doesn't build for me,
and is blatantly hardcoded biased toward IA32.  It does list ATI Rage
LT and ATI "mobility", but I don't know what to do to get it to build
for me.
	What is ATI "mobility" anyway?

	Finally, here's a recent link to the ATI Linux developer kit:

http://www.ati.com/na/pages/resource_centre/dev_rel/linux.html

	And the recent Slashdot article about it, moderated up to useful
commentary:

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/02/23/0848227&mode=nested

	Thank you!

=====
"Don't expect your own messiah; this neverworld which you desire is
only in your mind." -- http://www.dreamtheater.net/songb4.htm#IV5