2.3.45 on B&W G3

Paul Mackerras paulus at linuxcare.com
Fri Feb 18 16:37:44 EST 2000

I have fixed the problem that was causing B&W G3s (and other machines with
a PCI-to-PCI bridge) to hang early on in the boot process with the devel
kernels.  The problem was that the pcibios_read/write_config_word calls in
the init_p2pbridge function weren't working (they don't work until the PCI
buses have been scanned now).  I changed those calls to ppc_md.pcibios_*
and it gets a lot further now.

My linux-pmac-devel rsync tree has this fix but is still at 2.3.45 for now.

--
Paul Mackerras, Senior Open Source Researcher, Linuxcare, Inc.
+61 2 6262 8990 tel, +61 2 6262 8991 fax