Latest OpenPic changes

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Sat Feb 12 05:38:08 EST 2000

On Fri, Feb 11, 2000, Gabriel Paubert <paubert at iram.es> wrote:

>If it's truly the case we should consider a different solution. Masking
>interrupts in a device or controller for a very short lapse is dominated
>by the HW access overhead, and this is bad. sync instructions are also
>extremely bad.

I implemented it in both enable and disable for "correctness" so that the
status of the controller is guaranteed when exiting any of those 2
functions. I agree that the unmask case may not be important.

I beleive the sync here can also be completely removed too. A single
eieio is plenty enough because of the read. Isn't it ?

Ben.