PowerPC Open Platform

Gabriel Ricard g_ricard at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 14:37:40 EST 2000

I had a chance to talk with some IBM folks at LWCE
last week about the PowerPC Open Platform reference
boards. For some reason this time around there were no
IBM employees on hand, who were working on the
project, displaying information about it. At the last
LWCE they had one of the boards there, literature, and
knowledgeable folks ready to answer questions. This
time... nada.

Anyways... The first guy I talked with thought I was
asking about RS/6000s, and so I had to find someone
else. But when I talked with the both of them the most
information that I could get was that, to the
knowledge of these two employees, the POP boards have
already been licensed to mainboard manufacturers and
it is just a matter of time until we start seeing them
pop up.

I don't know if anyone else can verify this
information, but I would be very pleased if I were
able to purchase a POP board and build myself a nice
PPC box at some point this year.

=====
Gabriel Ricard
g_ricard at yahoo.com