linux-2.2.18

christophe barbe christophe.barbe at inup.com
Thu Dec 28 00:51:25 EST 2000

I'm working on a CompactPCI PowerPC card (MCPN750). I've written a little module which uses an IRQ which is simply registred with a request_irq call.
It works great with a patched kernel 2.2.17.
I try to upgrade to the last kernel release. Everything seems to be ok except that I never receive IRQ events.
I've tried to follow the irq path (from head.S, do_IRQ(), ppc_md.do_IRQ(), open_pic_do_IRQ(), ppc_irq_dispatch_handler() to
irq_desc[irq].action) and in my (limited) understanding it seems good but in fact I never go in the do_IRQ() function. It sounds like my irq is not hard-enabled.
(I can see it in /proc/interrupts)

I've seem that all the pending patches for ppc have beeb applied in 2.2.18. Is there in this patches something I should know to use my IRQ ?

Thanks,
Christophe

--

Christophe Barbé