ethernet issue with lombard

Josh Huber huber at mclx.com
Thu Dec 21 00:18:57 EST 2000

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 11:33:26PM -0600, jeramy b smith wrote:

> Me too. There are 3 new lines in the bmac driver that are in the
> dbdma_reset .  Ben added them because what they do is also done in
> darwin. I haven't had a chance to downgrade my driver and try
> though. Running in 100tx mode I have seen it happen whil my
> bandwidth utilization was very low. I was actually actively
> communication each time it got 'gummed up.'

Actually, with 2.2.18, I've had random network lockups as well when
running in 100tx mode.

For a while I thought it only happened in 100 tx, but it just happened
in 10 randomly, so I tried to trigger it with ping -f.  Locks up the
network in a matter of 20 seconds usually.

I've downloaded the darwin driver source, and I've been comparing --
but...why do they have to use C++!?!?  oh well :)

ttyl,

--
Josh Huber
1024D/6B21489A 61F0 6138 BE7B FEBF A223  E9D1 BFE1 2065 6B21 489A