ethernet issue with lombard

Michael Schmitz schmitz at opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed Dec 20 20:35:59 EST 2000

> So, has anyone else had any problems with ethernet on their lombard?
> I was having trouble with 2.2.18, so I decided to try upgrading to
> 2.4.0-* (the 2_3 bk tree, as of this morning).  I thought the problem
> was fixed, but perhaps I didn't try long enough to break it.
>
> It seems to be easier to kill the network on a 10Mbit connection,
> rather than a 100Mbit connection.

I've seen problems recently with NFS over 100 Mbit - the server just
'disappears' for my Lombard. I'd say it's only in .18 because that's what
I use most of the time and I don't recall trouble in .17

> I can kill the network easily with ping -f <ip of local host>

I'll try that one then. No idea what causes it, and it's not really been
happening too often here.

	Michael