AW: Sound on an iBook?

D.J. Barrow barrow_dj at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 9 04:19:51 EST 2000

No I2C is as old as the hills, I2C is a philips serial
bus standard for talking to upto 256 devices on the
one two wire bus. It is pretty crappy simple & slow &
philips generally used it to talk to digital tuners on
radios.

It is also commonly used in embedded stuff, I wrote a
driver for apples tv tuner card on a performa 630 when
I was working for them.

I didn't talk i2c directly but talked to the cuda
manager on the mac os, however, I made a fake i2c bus
via 2 pins on the paralell port of a pc.

If you want to know more about this look for specs on
the cuda chip if you can find them. However I suspect
few things have changed since I did my stuff since
Apple loves moving asics around to keep chip designers
mentally masturbating :-).

http://www.micronas.com/documentation/data_sheet/dac3550a_1ds.pdf

http://www.micronas.com/products/documentation/consumer/dac3550a/index.php
> works for me well.
>
> Thank you very much for this information!
>
> Christof

=====
D.J. Barrow Linux for S/390 kernel developer
eMail: djbarrow at de.ibm.com,barrow_dj at yahoo.com
Phone: +49-(0)7031-16-2583
IBM Germany Lab, Schönaicherstr. 220, 71032 Böblingen