lots of questions (va_list, embedded perl, cvsd, introduction - sort of)

Alex Avriette alex at macachu.yi.org
Wed Dec 6 05:20:49 EST 2000

And lo there was much discussion regarding:

> No segfault. Just garbage if you use vsnprintf (which completely exhausts
> the va_list so there are no unprocessed arguments left after the call)
> twice without restoring ap in between.

thanks, franz has explained this quite a bit.

> I don't care what the maintainers of opennap claim about 'it can't run on
> Mac because Mac is broken anyway'. Writing portable code may be tough in
> this special neck of the woods, but it's possible. I've seen maintainers
> of other free software packages act reasonably about this very issue. Send
> them a patch, and explain why the patch is required.

thats what im doing here, trying to get everything figured out in the
context of the ppc so i can submit a patch and explain why.

thanks michael.

--
alex avriette [alex at cosmo.allay.net]

"No man who uses EMACS is deserving of love."
	Tom Christiansen <tchrist at perl.com>,
	_Perl Cookbook_, pp. 653