No Backlight Control in 2.2.18pre21

Derek Homeier supas100 at astrophysik.uni-kiel.de
Sat Dec 2 10:22:27 EST 2000

Subject says it: with current linux-pmac-stable kernels, the backlight
control via [Fn-]F{1,2} does not work, neither dimming nor turning off
the LCD altogether, on a PB Lombard at least.
Might have been this way since the CONFIG_PMAC section appeared, in any
case, in 2.4.0-test11 there is a CONFIG_PMAC_BACKLIGHT option, and backlight
control is working (I've set it to "=y", of course).
It also seems that my PB suffers very frequently from increased battery
discharge during sleep, but I can't note any difference here between
-stable, -benh and -devel.

Cheers,
							Derek