XF86-4.0.1 on Lombard

Jon Erik Ween, MD jween at gte.net
Tue Aug 29 16:49:16 EST 2000

Hi!

I'm trying to get XF86-4.0.1 to work on my Lombard Powerbook running
2.2.15pre3. RPMs install OK, I've installed the expanded xkb and updated
the XF86Config file sample as posted by njolly on X for PPC. Starting X I
get a parse error for the first Section "Module" stating that " is not a
key word. Replacing with ' or deleting begs a quoted-string-required error.
Anybody know why this is? Trying to upgrade or even rebuild the kernel is a
real pain in the batuski since the kernel source from the LinuxPPC folks
seems to be a bug-ridden swamp. Suggestions?

I would be forever grateful!

Jon

Jon Erik Ween, MD
Assistant Professor
Cognitive and Cerebrovascular Neurology
Director, Stroke Program
Loma Linda University School of Medicine
Neurology Dept.
Loma Linda, CA 92354