xf4 and lombard

sprenger sprenger at in.tum.de
Tue Aug 29 00:56:28 EST 2000

> May I just ask.. how the heck did you get xf4 running on lombard? :)
>
> All I manage to get is a black screen and I can't do anything anymore.
> The machine is still running, so I can reboot it via network.
>
> It's a lombard/333 running 2.4.0-test6.
>
> xf4 is compiled from sources found on a link from the instructions
> at linuxppc.org and the rsynced version of the ati-driver, as of
> about 17.00 CET 2000-08-25.

use yaboot as said. at the moment i am running  2.4.0-t7 paulus-kernel.
sometimes i have some blue dots on my screen but  the rest is fine.

i have also attached my xf86config-file. the values in the screen
section were floating around in the net - do not ask me where i found
them. as you see i do not use them, the ati-driver determines its own
values and they are much better. comment out the lines with "Xkb..." i
need them because of my german keyboard layout.

it should work now - good luck ;-)
/thorsten