Patches for 2.4.0-test7

Paul Mackerras paulus at linuxcare.com.au
Mon Aug 28 09:54:08 EST 2000

Michael Schmitz writes:

> That would have been me - I still claim that keeping adbmouse working for
> backwards compatibility would be a good thing, but my word doesn't carry
> much weight.
>
> The adbmouse driver only relies on the keyboard driver for mouse button
> emulation. At least in 2.2.17, it won't interfere with the new input code,
> I haven't tried 2.4.0 yet.

The way it is at the moment in the linuxppc_2_3 bk tree and in my
rsync tree, you have 3 choices:

1. use mac_keyb.c/adbmouse.c and don't have the input layer at all
2. use the input layer for USB devices and mac_keyb.c/adbmouse.c for
   ADB keyboard and mouse
3. use the input layer for both USB and ADB devices.

The adbmouse driver references some external variables which are
declared in mac_keyb.c.  If there is really a need to have adbmouse.c
in the system without mac_keyb.c, we can probably work out a way to
allow that, but I don't see the need.

Paul.

--
Paul Mackerras, Senior Open Source Researcher, Linuxcare, Inc.
+61 2 6262 8990 tel, +61 2 6262 8991 fax