Patches for 2.4.0-test7

Paul Mackerras paulus at linuxcare.com.au
Sun Aug 27 20:59:01 EST 2000

Martin Costabel writes:

> - Paul's pmac-devel kernel still eats the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
> variable, therefore stopping Mozilla from running. This is so weird (but
> consistent since several months) that I have not the faintest idea where
> it could come from. It is a feature of linux-pmac-devel, not present in
> linux-bk-devel.

Found this one. :-)  Thanks for alerting me to it.  This was because I
have some mods in my tree to add extra aux table entries for the ppc
cache line size.  I was using the numbers assigned in the Sys V ABI
but these conflict with numbers assigned to other things by linux.
The end result was that ld.so always thought it was loading a setuid
program and therefore disabled LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  It's now fixed in my
rsync tree.

Paul.

--
Paul Mackerras, Senior Open Source Researcher, Linuxcare, Inc.
+61 2 6262 8990 tel, +61 2 6262 8991 fax