updated nvsetenv for newworld?

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sun Aug 27 00:44:13 EST 2000

Ethan Benson wrote:

> I vaguely recall seeing a note to this list sometime this month
> about nvsetenv being fixed to work correctly on newworld powermacs?
>
> is this true and if so where can the updated code be found?

There used to be "nvtool" which came with "poof" (predecessor of yaboot)
by Marius Vollmer, but this seems to have vanished. Neither the URL
given on the page http://www.ping.de/sites/zagadka/poof/ nor Marius'
email addresses on his two homepages seem to work any more.

> sorry for bringing this up again, i was apparently stoned or something
> and didn't keep the original messages on the topic.  (and the search
> engine on linuxppc.org doesn't seem to be finding recent messages)

Vladimir Simonov started the recent enquiry about this, but the result
was as I said above.

--
Martin