xf4 and lombard

jeramy b smith ultrapenguin at netscape.net
Sat Aug 26 06:52:30 EST 2000

> May I just ask.. how the heck did you get xf4 running on lombard? :)
>
> All I manage to get is a black screen and I can't do anything anymore.
> The machine is still running, so I can reboot it via network.
>
> It's a lombard/333 running 2.4.0-test6.
>
> xf4 is compiled from sources found on a link from the instructions
> at linuxppc.org and the rsynced version of the ati-driver, as of
> about 17.00 CET 2000-08-25.

I have it working. Here is my configuration.
1. Ben's latest precompiled kernel
2. franz's x rpms (from devel.linuxppc.org)
3. The ati moduled compiled from the linuxppc.org tree
4. I took the config file for the pismo at http://linuxppc.org/files/pub/xf4
and edited it for ati instead of r128.
5. I made sure my /etc/X11/X pointed to /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86 and ran
startx.

voila mes amis!

-jeramy b smith