xf4 and lombard

Michael Schmitz schmitz at opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri Aug 25 21:57:58 EST 2000

> > I don't bother too much with 2.4 as long as Linus keeps doing these
> > break-all-archs-except-i386 things to the code.
>
> Hasn't that happened in 2.2 as well? I guess that's just the way things go in
> Linux - if you don't want that, maybe you're more lucky with NetBSD or
> something ;)

ROTFL. I'm sure it happened with 2.1.199+ (or whatever the last versions
pre 2.2.0 were), and there were still problems with 2.2.x with x < 6 or so
on some archs. I'm just extremely unhappy with far reaching changes being
introduced in 2.4.0-test (I know it's just a fake 2.4, a smoke screen for
the press, but nonetheless).

Wake me as soon as 2.4.10 comes around :-)

	Michael