allocating uncachable memory

Ronald Wahl rwa at peppercon.de
Wed Aug 23 23:50:26 EST 2000

Hi,

I'm writing a driver for a PCI controller in a PPC system. That driver
"exports" a bit of local ram into the PCI space. Now if some PCI device is
writing into this memory the local system won't notice it in all cases
since this memory is cached. How can i allocate uncached memory in linux?
Or if this does not work how can I remap it as non-cachable. I already
tried ioremap_nocache but this does not work for real memory. It would be
nice if someone could give me a short code fragment...

thanx,
ron