Control fb problem on 8500

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Mon Aug 21 20:46:18 EST 2000

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Michel [iso-8859-1] Dänzer wrote:
> That's not even needed, the fbdev driver is just broken. Line 430:
>
> 	pScrn->displayWidth = pScrn->virtualX; /* FIXME: might be wrong */
>
> is indeed wrong. virtualX is obvious, but displayWidth should be the memory
> pitch of a scanline.
>
> Now you just have to find out where to get the correct value for displayWidth.

I suppose

    if (fix.line_length)
	pScrn->displayWidth = fix.line_length*8/var.bits_per_pixel;
    else
	pScrn->displayWidth = var.xres_virtual;

should work fine, except on hardware were fix.line_length*8/var.bits_per_pixel
might not be integer (e.g. if 1280x1024x24 mode requires a line_length of
4096).

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds