Nautilus builds and works from source on ppc

Kevin B. Hendricks kevin.hendricks at sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 18 08:40:01 EST 2000

Hi,

In case anyone is interested.  I upgraded a straight YDL CS 1.2 system with the
latest binutils, glibc, and gcc from Franz and installed the helix code and
updated it to the latest releases.

I then grabbed all of the required parts and followed the build instructions
from Eazel and shortly had a working Nautilus file manager (I did have to edit
one makefile in Nautilus to add the -lrpm library to one of the component view
tools but that is it.

It seems to build rather easily.  If it turns out to be stable I will build tar
archives for installation into /usr/local/ so other people can play with it.

Just let me know if you are interested.

Kevin