PCI Buses

Matt Porter mporter at mvista.com
Fri Aug 18 06:37:27 EST 2000

On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 11:16:14PM +0000, tom_gall at vnet.ibm.com wrote:

> Michel Lanners wrote:
> >
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > On  15 Aug, this message from tom_gall at vnet.ibm.com echoed through cyberspace:
> > >   Just a stupid question here for those of you that have Mac hardware. Of all
> > > the Mac hardware in existance right now, all Macs have at most one PCI bus
> > > right?
>
> Hi All,
>
>   I thank you much for the information. It took me a little bit but as I've been
> looking at the PCI code I ran across the pmac PCI implementation which
> definately has support for more than one PCI bus.
>
>   Where I'm coming from is getting the same thing working on IBM PowerPC
> hardware for multiple pythons... fun fun fun...

Do you mean two separate physical buses like on the CPC710 PHB?  If so,
then check out the SBS K2 LSP code in MontaVista CDK1.2 release
(ftp.mvista.com).  There's some extra layering in their to allow
for kernel resident PCI autoconfiguration before the generic bus scan
as well as transparent handling of config space accesses via the different
CFGA/CFGD addresses.

--
Matt Porter
MontaVista Software, Inc.