keyboard

Giuliano Pochini pochini at shiny.it
Thu Aug 17 17:37:17 EST 2000

>> Aug 15 15:56:35 Jay kernel: keyboard.c: can't emulate rawmode for keycode
>> 165
>>
>> I see that there are some unused codes in the translation table in
>> usb/keybdev.c. May I use them to map the new keys ?
>
> Big win if all of these keys produce the same keycode :-)
>
> You can solve your problem much easier with loadkeys and a tailored
> console keymap.

No, I can't. mac_keyb.c uses a byte to store the pressed key. 1 bit is used
for pressed/released flag, so key codes range is 1-127. That special keys
have a code > 127 so currently they're not mapped at all.
I must change the kernel to remap that codes to something < 128.

Or perhaps I'll fix it by allowing int16_t keycodes just like on peecees.

Bye.
    Giuliano Pochini ->)|(<- Shiny Corporation {AS6665} ->)|(<-