2.4 ... works

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Wed Aug 16 01:54:47 EST 2000

On  15 Aug, this message from Giuliano Pochini echoed through cyberspace:
> At boot it complains: "PCI device 01:02.0 non available
> because of resource collisions" and again for 01:03.0.
> They are my 2 SCSI controllers... and it doesn't boot.
> I patches pci.c to ignore the error and now it seems to
> work fine, but I don't like that hack.

What SCSI controllers are those? Anyway, to get this resolved in a clean
way, you need the PCI resource allocation patches from Geert or me (but
I don't have updated patrches for 2.4.0-test kernels).

In any case, even with resource conflicts, it should boot fine, albeit
without the SCSI controllers.

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan at cpu.lu            |