Backlight control on Lombard PB

Derek Homeier supas100 at astrophysik.uni-kiel.de
Wed Aug 9 03:22:44 EST 2000

Hi all,

I saw a couple of posts from people who seem to have the recent kernels
(2.2.17pre1[3-5]-ben1) running on a 1999 Powerbook.
Unfortunately, I have still the same problems with the backlight control
that first appeared with 2.2.17pre10-ben1, i.e.

 1. {Fn-,}F[12] don't adjust brightness
 2. After wakeup from sleep, the backlight remains dark

At least it does not seem to crash anymore when I try to repeatedly wake
it up, but the only thing I can do at that point is to reboot.
Has anyone one of these kernels working on a Lombard and is actually able
to use sleep (or adjust monitor brightness)?

Besides, the keycodes 10 and 50 (less/greater and asciicircum/degree) on
the german keyboard seem to have been swapped in pre13-pre15.

Thanks for any feedback,
							Derek