Using the Altivec GNU patches

Justin Shore listuser at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
Tue Aug 8 11:31:02 EST 2000

	I just acquired a couple of true G4s at the job I just
started last week.  These are my first LPPC G4s.  I'm curious, can I
use the Altivec enchanced gcc (available at www.altivec.org) to
optimize my compilations for those G4s?  I compile most of my own
software; would it actually utilize the patched gcc or would it
require special code changes to make it work?  The boss ordered me a
dual-500 so I'm hoping the LPPC support appears quickly. ;-)

Thanks!
   Justin

Justin Shore       K-State Linux Distro Mirror, Sysadmin
macdaddy at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
<http://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/mirror/rpm2html>
<ftp://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/pub/mirror/linux>

*Internet2 Users*
<ftp://quest.ksu.ksu.edu/pub/mirror/linux>